Having Littles 101 + Twin Littles


Okay, so if you have been paying attention to my blog at any point in the past year, I'm sure you have picked up on the fact that I have twins.
No, I did not biologically give birth to two children. I am more single than a pack of pringles and only 21 years old. Holla atcha gurl.
What I mean is that in my sorority (GO SK) everyone has a little (a younger member to look after, be pals with, and do srat things together with). I was blessed with TWO littles. and I am actually obsessed with them #noshame

My littles had never met until the day of Big/Little Reveal
(the whole process of finding out who your big is is a secret until reveal day when you find out who your big is, but the big already knows (if u want another post on this hmu)).

Getting a little is so special!!! & so is getting two littles. It's challenging but so rewarding. Lately, I have been getting a lot of questions about what it's like having two littles. Here is my advice for you.



1. DO NOT PLAY FAVORITES

This is a major topic in the world of twins. It seems to happen all the time. Whenever there's a fam with twins, it seems like one always comes out on top and one is slightly neglected and seems to be unwanted. This happens all the time and it's so sad. As soon as I found out I had twins, I knew I could not let this happen. I love them both equally and love them both in different ways. They are 100% both wanted littles. I wanted them from the beginning and still to this day I want them to know they are both wanted and loved. Here's how I did it...



2. Hang out as a Fam

As soon as reveal happened, I immediately started a group message with the three of us. I wanted to be able to talk to them both and to help them get to know each other faster (Side note: Mal and Mere (my littles) could not have been more opposite at first, they did not even know the others names until reveal, I was gonna change that real quick). I wanted to hang out with both of them together to encourage the fact that the three of us were a fam. I still hung out with them separately when they asked me to, but whenever I asked them to hang out I asked them as a group #FamUnity 

For example, we would study in the lib together, eat, sleepovers, functions, etc.

They also began asking for us to hang out in the group message. So if I couldn't be there, it encouraged them to hang out together and really get to know each other apart from me. And now they're besties, it warms my heart!<3 font="" nbsp="">



3. Invest Your Time

I wanted to hang out with them all the time, and still do. They're my best friends no doubt. Investing your time is the best way to show someone love. New members in a chapter have a lot to handle, so being there for them in their times of need are important. An ily text can go a long way!


The Big/Little process is so special and it has been more than I could have ever asked for. I love my big, I love my twin, I love my littles. 

Long story short, love 'em and love 'em hard. 
Mine made it easy.

XOXO,
E.



Comments