What a Dream


Since graduation is right around the corner for me, I have been thinking about what I want my life to look like for the rest of my life. It's funny how much my goals and dreams have changed in such a short time. 

If you would have asked me in high school what I thought my life would look like right now I would say "I'll be engaged by 22, married by 23, kids by 24; living in my hometown the rest of my life." 

That situation is the farthest thing from my current reality.
+ for that I am thankful.

I'm 21 years old w/o a boy in sight.
I'm not going to be engaged by 22 (that's 3 months away HOLY CRAP). 
So that means no marriage by 23....and certainly no kids by 24.
+ I am very thankful for that. 

+ can we just bless up that I don't want to spend the rest of my life in my hometown.
+ This I am extra thankful for.

Current reality:
I am 21 with my whole life ahead of me.
I have absolutely no clue what I want to do when I graduate.
Seriously I am open to any and everything.

Yesterday I applied to 6 jobs and they are all completely different. 
Some in Greenville, SC, some in NY, NY, some in ATL.
I'm seriously trying to keep my options open bc idk what God has next for me yet, 

but I am going to let him decide and plan that for me.

As much as I want to already have it figured out right now, I have nothing figured out.

But here is what I do know.

My goal, my dream, my passion in life is connecting with other people, building relationships, being a light in the dark, pointing people to Jesus.

+ nothing else matters.
God's given my a passion for fashion, a passion for blogging, a passion for people.
He's given me these things for a reason so hopefully my career someday will revolve around these things. 

Idk how God is going to orchestrate this in my life. I know He is faithful and He has given me these passions for a reason + He is going to make sure that I see them out.

I feel like I'm Julian rn asking 
"What comes next??"
(if ya know, ya know)

God comes next.

XOXO,
E.

Comments

  1. You have things much more "together" than I did at that point! I rushed to get married at 22 & THANKFULLY didn't have kids by 24 because that marriage didn't work out. I wish I had had my head on straight like you do, lol. Good luck on the job hunting - how fun would NYC be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment