Bye Thief



It's been a hot minute that's for sure. Graduating and adulting is rough I'm not going to lie. Starting an adult job is draining. I keep trying to make the most out of this season but I am not going to pretend it's easy. It's hard. Life is hard. But it is oh so sweet.

I feel like the sweetness keeps being taken out of life lately. The devil is powerful and is taking so much away from me lately. He's taking my rest, my patience, my gentleness, my kindness. He's taking away friendships. He's destroying families.

It has been so evident recently how big of a grasp he has on the world around me.

My heart is shattered.

It is so excruciating to see all the pain.

I am broken.

But God.

One of my all time favorite scriptures is Ephesians 2:1-10.

My favorite part is the beginning of verse 4. 

But God. 

We are nasty, broken, sinful. The world is filled with dirt and pain and guilt.

But God.

He meets us in our brokenness.
He takes that pain and burden away.

He is all we can trust in.

At this point in life I am broken, confused and most of all tired of satan taking the sweet joys God has given me away.

I'm not allowing it anymore bc God.

The bible uses the phrase "But God" several times.
I think it is so beautiful how often it is used. It tells me satan is not in control, as much as he wants me to think he is.

God's got my back and I'm giving it all to Him.

XOXO,

E.

Comments